We finally finished up the master sword with stain, paint, and a clear coat.
Posts Tagged With: wooden
This afternoon after church, we finished the master sword! Well cutting and assembling, we still need to stain some parts and paint on some details.
I decided that while the jig idea I found would probably have worked, I would just cut the parts on the scroll saw this time to get it done this weekend. I still have the templates if I want to make any more and build the jigs. Pictures of the final steps and assembly below.
Happy Easter! I had lots of project this weekend; valve cover gasket replacement, two church services for Easter to run, and an air conditioner that’s misbehaving. Somewhere along the way I ran into this little hunk of 2×4 that was either going to be thrown out or turned into a sword. I choose the more violent option; my boys always need more things to hit each other with.