I found a bunch of pictures that I had never posted last year I thought I would put on the blog. The first was a small garbage can (not my original idea) that I made for my dad’s camper. I teased it here.
Next were two process pictures I took while making the wooden Zelda masterswords. One was routing the blade edges and the other was the carnage that resulted from their production.
Christmas tree bracing
The final picture is of the repair job I had to do for our Christmas tree. My initial build was sturdy enough for me to gently move it about, but did not survive so well from our movers last summer. I took the whole thing apart and added a brace to the entire length of every level, plus a handle to pick the thing up with.
Categories: crafty, how, pictures
Tags: camper, christmas, legend of zelda, master sword, process, repairs, sword, trash, tree, vinyl decal, wooden
I was asked to help with a woodworking project and build a stencil for a large (18″ tall) skull that would be painted and then areas be cut away. I redrew the design to clean it up and make it symmetrical, but the overall size exceeded what I can cut on my Silhouette Cameo. So I broke it into two large decals, with registration marks in the eye (will be cut out anyway) and then made another smaller decal to cover the seam so no paint would sneak through. Hopefully it will come out well, this is one project where someone else gets to do all the woodworking.
Drawn in MyPaint on my Intuos 4, traced into vector graphic in Inkscape.
Some more schmutz’in to hopefully open an etsy store. I built this tiki mask in inkscape where I can easily swap out the name for large vinyl decals. First one goes to a great guy who still wishes he was living in Hawaii! Spent most of the weekend gussying up the house (installing new light fixtures and building stands for some pottery).
UPDATE: I’m selling these on my etsy store here!