This first weekend of the year I got a little extra time off, so we spent a lot of it together as a family (watched great some movies at the theater and home), got all our Christmas stuff packed back away, and had time to throw in a little woodworking. I’ve really wanted to make a sled for my table saw for some time now, to make cross-cutting and jig work easier, and I finally got around to it. This was not the easiest task as the Skil portable tablesaw I own has T-slots for the miter gauge rail. Now I just need to get a couple of different toggle clamps to do just about anything with this one, and make another smaller one for angle work.
All of this was also made considerably easier by my new army of clamps. Thanks to a few generous Christmas benefactors and one of my two cheap clamps breaking, I finally put up some cash and got a two sets of quick clamps (the four-packs were on sale). Quiver before my army you loosely attached or un-affixed lumber!