Since I only have two classes left to try and get this window finished I had to do as much work at home as I could. I got through a good chunk of the leading before I found that a few of the pieces would need some work at the grinder to get it all to fit. It also didn’t exactly line up with the cartoon underneath because of my eyeballing the cuts earlier. But the error is at least consistent across all the pieces. By the end of this week, I was able to grind everything to fit and get it ready to solder during the last week.
Posts Tagged With: leading
This week was all about leading, and I got the whole thing laid up on the board. Next week will be soldering, adding paste, and clean-up.
This week in class I spent most of my time at the grinder, which ended up with all my pieces slightly smaller than the last time you saw them. At the very end of the night I was able to start laying out the lead came that will frame and hold together all the individual panes of glass in the window. I should take lots more pictures next week when I start putting it all together.