More random things to post that I found cleaning up my computer. There’s a running joke between my brother-in-law and I about me getting him a goat, so a few years back we made some custom Chirstmas ornaments with this logo on them.
Monthly Archives: May 2019
I was organizing some files on my Surface Pro 3 and came across this gunslinger guy I had doodled up really quickly as a concept for something but never used. So I thought I’d throw him on the blog.
Quick on the heels of talking about not drawing characters on a blank white field… maybe I’ll add a background later. This started out as a scribbled meeting doodle that I decided to clean up in the computer and color. Avengers: Endgame is amazing if you haven’t seen it yet. We just went for the second time this weekend and it was still fantastic! Here’s a look at the various stages of this drawing: scribble, digital sketch, lines, and colored.
Doodles in Krita on my Surface Pro 3.
This is a short video (no sound) that just shows the various layers and how I stacked them in Krita to draw this doodle. All work done on my Surface Pro 3.
I’m trying to add more environments to my doodles, instead of characters just existing on a white field. This was a doodle I scribbled out in a recent meeting that I thought I would cleanup in the computer and color. I probably should have done some work to make his pose more dynamic, but I didn’t spend too much time on this one. My original tiny scribble is below, and I’ll be uploading a video of all the separate layers to youtube soon.
Doodled in Krita on my Surface Pro 3
My most recent, possibly final Dino Warrior is a play on the Ankylosaurus, with some ridiculous shotgun pistol thingies. Maybe I will scribble out some more of these, but recent meeting doodles have wandered off this subject.
Doodled in Krita on my Surface Pro 3.
I finished my second stained glass class a few weeks ago, but it’s been too hectic to post the results. Overall, I like how my little Captain America Shield came out (though the outer edge still needs a little work to be consistently smooth). I like being able to do both the lead came and the copper foil method, as they each have applications where they are better suited.
I recently got a few new additions to my poster wall that I needed to build frames for. I wanted the style to match the larger frames I had purchased for my other posters, so they ended up being pretty easy to make. The one new thing I did was follow a suggestion a good friend gave me some time back for wood filler. I’d never been happy with the various brands I tried so he recommended just mixing glue and sawdust from the wood I was using to the consistency I wanted. I gotta say, I really like how easy it was to get just what I was looking for and the end results.