With three weeks left of class and being almost completely done with my first window, I’ve been working on a second window for our front door that will use the left over blue glass. My wife and I played around with the layout and pane arrangement until we found something we liked.
I cut some templates for different pane sizes on my silhouette cameo, and then figured out how many I would need of each type of glass. I also bought the glass cutter for my Logan mat cutting board, which made perfect sized straight cuts super easy.
The last thing I was able to get done was printing out the cartoon for this design, which spanned across four sheets of paper. It’s difficult to tell with the glass laying on the cartoon, but the clear pieces are a mix of transparent and warbly (I think I just made that word up) privacy glass. I also changed up the layout ever so slightly at the far ends after I had printed out the cartoon, so I just changed it in red pen. So now that I have all the panes of glass cut, I can start putting the lead in this window as soon as I’m done with my first one.
Oh, I also built a new board for this window since it’s three feet long. It would have gone right off the side of my old board.